Wednesday 24 December 2014

Home, the Night

I would like to wish anyone who arrives here an immensely happy Christmas and New Year. To mark the season a poem that makes me homesick, by either Les Murray or Geoffrey Lehmann or both.

And let it not be forgotten - if you manage to eat twelve mince pies between Christmas and New Year, you will get twelve months of good fortune. Honest, (or is that just a myth spread over the centuries by tailors, eager for a January spent being paid to let out clothing?)

2 comments:

  1. I hope you have had a really good Christmas and that the coming year will be one of your best ones yet. I am looking forward to another year of your postings on this blog ...


    .










    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What an excellent greeting - I wish you one of your best years yet in return. It is the perfect wish for a new year.

      Delete