Wednesday 7 September 2016

The Wrong Question

Walking along the street in Bristol this afternoon, I overheard two women talking as they emerged from a doorway to an office block just ahead.

"How come they're giving her 'better than best'?" one asked the other, "she only walked in the door five minutes ago."

But  that wasn't the right question; the right question was, "How can an organisation run by people with any kind of education come up with the concept of 'better than best'?" I suppose it must be a "very unique" organisation.

Of course, there is also the other broader question of whether anyone has ever considered how vile & demeaning it is to infantilise a workforce with awards that set them striving against each other to catch the boss's eye for ungrammatical favours, but I have to go & find some dinner, so I think I'll leave that one alone for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment